“Learn the rules. Then learn how to change them, and get others to follow.” (Heidi Minx)
“Rule #1 of life.
- Do what makes YOU happy.” (Unknown)
“Life has two rules:
- Never quit.
- Always remember rule #1.” (Unknown Author)
“The 12 Golden Rules for Living:
- If you open it, close it.
- If you turn it on, turn it off.
- If you unlock it, lock it up.
- If you break it, admit it.
- If you can’t fix it, call in someone who can.
- If you borrow it, return it.
- If you value it, take care of it.
- If you make a mess, clean it up.
- If you move it, put it back.
- If it belongs to someone else, get permission to use it.
- If you don’t know how to operate it, leave it alone.
- If it’s none of your business, don’t ask questions.” (Miriam Hamilton Keare)
“Rules for Living by Olivia Joules:
- Never panic. Stop, breathe, think.
- No one is thinking about you. They’re thinking about themselves, just like you.
- Never change haircut or color before an important event.
- Nothing is either as bad or good as it seems.
- Do as you would be done by, e.g. thou shalt not kill.
- It is better to buy one expensive thing that you really like than several cheap ones that you only quite like.
- Hardly anything matters: if you get upset, ask yourself, ‘Does it really matter?’
- The key to success lies in how you pick yourself up from failure.
- Be honest and kind.
- Only buy clothes that make you feel like doing a small dance.
- Trust your instincts, not your overactive imagination.
- When overwhelmed by disaster, check if it’s really a disaster by doing the following: (a) think, ‘Oh, f_ _ _ it,’ (b) look on the bright side, and if that doesn’t work, look on the funny side. If neither of the above works then maybe it is a disaster so turn to items 1 and 4.
- Don’t expect the world to be safe or life to be fair.” (Helen Fielding, Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination)
“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” (Albert Einstein)
“Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.” (Dalai Lama XIV)
“Orville Wright did not have a pilot’s license: don’t ever be afraid to bend, or even break the rules.” (Richard Tait, Grand Pooh-Bah, Cranium)
“There are two rules for success: 1) Never tell everything you know.” (Roger H. Lincoln)