“Who Has Made a Difference in Your Life?
Please note below the philosophy of Charles Schultz, the creator of the “Peanuts” comic strip.
“1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last six Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is: none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care; they are the ones who have made a difference in your life. And, one more thing . . . :
Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.” (Charles Schultz)
** Please take note of the other two posts for today, November 30, 2012.
Quiz #1: I “failed” at 0%
Quiz #2: I “passed” at 100%
Thanks for stopping by my post and even taking the quizzes. When I answered the questions on Quiz #1, I didn’t fare too well but like you I did great on Quiz #2.
Your blog is very interesting and exciting. I will continue to to keep looking at it and read of your adventures.
So heart warming… so sincerely true…!