“Life’s Little Instructions” by H. Jackson Brown Jr.
The following are some of H. Jackson Brown, Jr.’s Life’s Little Instructions that I’ve pulled from his collection:
- “Sing in the shower.
- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
- Strive for excellence, not perfection.
- Compliment 3 people every day.
- Leave everything a little better than you found it.
- Say, “Thank you” and “Please” a lot.
- Avoid negative people.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.
- Be the first to say hello.
- Stop blaming others
- Take responsibility for every area of your life.
- Wave at kids on school buses.
- Be there when people need you.
- Don’t expect life to be fair.
- Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation.
- Don’t be afraid to say, “I made a mistake.”
- Don’t be afraid to say, “I don’t know.”
- Keep your promises no matter what.
- Count your blessings.”
They are not that hard. Try to do as many if not all of them as you go through Life. ~ GM Universe